Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The End of Wedding Season

The year of 2011 was the year that many of our friends and family decided to get married. Believe it or not, we were invited to ELEVEN weddings between the months of April and October. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to all of them, but we did make it to seven. Of course, I took the opportunity to sharpen some photography skills. I realize that everyone hates the person that thinks he/she is the hired as the professional photographer, when they aren't, so I try to be tasteful. Below are a few of the highlights.
My cousin Katherine's wedding was in West Palm Beach, FL in April. It was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was beautiful and ofcourse, so was the bride.

The flowers were gorgeous. All different kinds of white for the centerpieces and decorations.

There was more dancing at this wedding than any other wedding I've been to. SO much fun!



Nora (my sister-in-law) was married in June. She was no joke, one of the  most gorgeous brides I have ever seen. She is always, and has always been very beautiful, but on this day, she shined.

The bride's maids got to pick their own black dresses. It was a great idea. The red, black and white was very chic and very Nora and Freddie.

Mama Z and her kids.



Nabil and I at Emily and Aaron's wedding. I may be a little biased, but vineyard weddings are my favorite! For those of you who don't know, my wedding was at a vineyard three years ago. :)

All the actual oak wine barrels.

The setting was so gorgeous. This venue is one of the many reasons that I love Oregon. You can't go wrong at a gorgeous vineyard with wine and dancing.


 
Bre and Scott's wedding was just north of Seattle. The weather was a little uncooperative, but that did not stop the dancing!
Get low, get low get low get low!


 

April and Alan's wedding was just outside of downtown Portland. Everything was all local and very funky Portland. The wedding looked over the city, and the reception was at a concert hall on Mississippi St. There was beer, dancing, and fun, but like I said before everyone hates the guest trying to take all the pictures, so this is the only one I have from their wedding. : (


 

Brooke and Luke's (Bruke's) wedding was one of my favorite weddings of all time. It was in the heart of the Gorge at Bridal Veil Lake. The sweetest little back country wedding that you have ever seen in your entire life. No, your eyes are not decieving you, the bride and groom entered the reception by canoe. This was one after the bride was rowed down the aisle by her older brother. SO AWESOME!!

To make it even more awesome, the wedding "cake" consisted of voodoo donuts and St. Cupcake.

To top it all off, these were the centerpieces. Perfection!



My dad also got married this summer. It is not something that you grow up expecting to experience, a parent's wedding, and it was something I will not soon forget. My dad has not had the best luck in love, but he is really truly happy with Tasha, and that makes me happy. Their wedding took place on a bridge just outside of Saratoga, Wyoming. It gave me the blue sky blues. Darn the Orgeon rain!

If I could re-do my wedding, I would have had all the bride's maids help to make our own boquets and botenirs. I made my boquet and Nabil's boutenir for the wedding. It was SO fun! I'm pretty proud of how they turned out. It even had chocolate oregeno in it. So cool!

This was the boquet. Maybe flower arranging is my new career path calling...

I never cry at weddings. I didn't even cry at my own wedding, but this wedding made me ball like a baby. I am so happy for my dad. We have been through some tough times over the past 15 years, and not gotten along very well for some of those years, but this day was such a happy, beautiful day. I lov eyou dad!

My dad and Tasha leaving the ceremony heading for the reception, which took place at a local Thai restaurant. The food was so good!

I'm not fond of my hair in this picture, but I had to include a picture of us dancing. A perfect end to a perfect day. After this they headed to their honeymoon in New Zealand. It was filled with hiking, caving, and more exploring. That is my dad for you. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...