Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Pizza Pockets

So my mom gave Nabil and I this little do-hicky for Christmas.


What is it you ask? It is a pizza pocket press! Like making a mini calzone. Homemade hot pockets anyone? And what can you do other than making mini pizzas? Well, you are full of questions today, but I'm glad you asked. The options are limitless. I could go one and on like an infomercial, but I will just show you two.

I used regular bread dough that I bought at the store, but you could make your own. First, roll it out and cut the dough into circular pieces. Place on the "claw", and fill with desired goodies. Dab the edges with water, and clamp the claw.



Place them on a pizza stone (or baking sheet) and bake on 400*F until golden brown. Make sure to put lots of flour down before baking. We found out the hard way that the rolled out dough tends to stick, and then you just have a hot, torn up pile of ingredients.

There are so many things that you can do with the pizza pocket. This time, we just tried a few. The first was the original pizza pocket, filled with pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms and zucchini.


Dessert anyone? Why yes, don't mind if I do. Last time, I made a batch with chocolate and marsh mallows aka wintertime s'mores (delish), but this time, I made a batch of caramel apple pockets. I used homemade caramel sauce and sauteed the apples before putting them in the pocket. You can find the directions for caramel sauce and how to saute the apples here.


I'm pretty sure this was the best dessert you could ever have in a pocket. To. Die. For.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...