Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Let the Timbers chants begin

It is early March, and that can mean only one thing, the MLS preseason games are starting, and in this house, it means that the Timbers chants are just beginning. They won't stop until late December. That's right, my two month break has come to a close. As you may know from previous Timbers posts, like this one, I do not go to every game. Nabil won't miss a game unless he has a severed limb, but I enjoy my nice comfortable couch while writing another blog post or reading a book. After a long day at the office, that seems to hit the spot. Thursday night however, we were offered box seats from our good friend Bruke, and I couldn't turn it down. It was unfortunately too cold to get the camera out for too long, but I got a few shots.

We usually sit down in the "Timber's Army" which is the team's general admission section. It is the best place in the stadium because this is usually your view:

The crowd goes crazy and it is truly something unique that is a bucket lister if you are new to or visiting Portland. This game our view was a little different:

It was a nice change of pace, and provided some much needed "catch-up girl time". I mean you could actually hear the people next to you and have a conversation. Nabil said "why would you want to talk about something other than soccer at a soccer game?" See why I don't go to a lot of games? I get enough Timber talk at home. I do have to admit though, I did miss sitting down in the Army. You can't really beat that type of comradery with random strangers who happen to support the same soccer team. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be more pics as the season goes on. I however will likely not be attending until the seats are a little warmer. My thick Wyoming blood is turning thin and frail. It's all that Oregon rain soaking through. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...