Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beginning of 2012

The beginning of a new year means one thing: resolutions. I am bound and determined to make this year better than last, and what better way to do that than make new years resolutions. I thought about making 12 resolutions. After trying to think of twelve, I decided that was too many, so now I think it's better to only make a few, but make them count.

This is my inspiring new years pic. That little peak in the center is Mt. Hood, and the photo was taken at sunrise form one of the windows at the clinic where I work. This is one of the perks to getting to work on time.

Firstly, as with this every year in the past, my first resolution is to be healthier. This year however, my intention is not to loose weight, although that would be a nice side effect. No, this year my aim is to be all around healthier. More veggies and exercise, and much less sweets. Since I tore my ACL last January, my work-out plan has taken a steep decline and I intend on making a full recovery.

Secondly, I will start being more resourceful. Since it has become clear that money does not grow on trees, I'm going to use what I can to make what we want. I got my first sewing machine this Christmas, and I have big plans. Nabil also got an orbital sander and a circular to start his tool collection. Soon he will be put to work on a bunch of new projects. What else are husbands for?

Lastly, in 2012 I will be more successful. I realize this is an ambitious resolution, but you know what they say "go big or go home"! By being more successful, I don't mean just monetarily (although again, that would be nice), but I mean more successful with "real world" life in general. I would like to be happier with where I am in my career this time next year, and feel like I am on the right path to doing something I really enjoy. I have an amazing family and am VERY thankful to have what I do, but I am bound and determined to keep climbing and be higher than where I am now this time next year. My motivation runs deep, so look out 2012, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...