Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Nabilly Bob's Birthday

Wednesday was the hubby's birthday. Since his big day was in the middle of the week, and he still had to get up at 6:00am the next morning, we kept things pretty low key. Nabil got a new orbital sander from his awesome wife to help him finish all those home improvement projects, and a delicious homemade 26th birthday dinner. Nabil loves garlic mashed potatoes and seared scallops, so that is what we ate.

Steamed scallops for an appetizer. I steamed them in a red wine and garlic sauce. Delicious.


Seared scallops are also one of my favorite foods, so we make them for many of our "fancy" meals. This time, I tried something a little different. Usually I sautee the scallops in a white white and garlic sauce. This time I used a sauce that consisted of red wine, brown sugar, homemade roasted garlic paste, and a pad of butter. I also wrapped the scallops in prosciutto. I think this works better than bacon. It cooks and tastes better than bacon.

Yum!

Cooked to perfection

...until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I want to be invited next time you make that! The clams look good as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...