Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

When the blog is quiet, life is not. It has been a while since my last post, but the Zerizef household has been bustling. We had my sister, her boyfriend, Nabil's uncle Greg, and a few friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. I have been cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the last six years. I started cooking when we couldn't afford to go back to Wyo for fall break my junior year of college. I hosted the "Thanksgiving for Lost Souls" and invited all of our friends who also could not go home. Since then, I have perfected the art of the cooking turkey, and not to brag, but my turkey is amazing. Juicy and delicious! ...sorry I'm not giving away any turkey secrets this year.

This is the only pic of the turkey I got this year. : (

I feel a little bad for Nabil's sister, Nora, and my sister, Sydney, because as of right now, I have no intention of not cooking Thanksgivingdinner, ever. I will secede Christmas, but I love cooking for Thanksgiving. I start looking forward to it about two months beforehand. We eat appetizers all day while watching football, and eat dinner around real dinner time. I have no idea why most people eat dinner in the early afternoon. It is my favorite day of the year, and I want to spread it out as long as possible. : )

Since I was busy cooking and preparing, I couldn't get too many pictures but if you check out my good friend Brooke's blog, she will likely post her pictures soon.

Fall flowers at the table

I made the placemats myself (how-to to follow), and everyone got a jar of homemade apple butter to take home.

The tablescape

Nabil, Sydney, and Jacob getting a pre-turkey nap.

Another pic of the centerpiece flowers.

Luke chilling with the pups while we're waiting for the turkey.

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving as well! Nabil and I have had kind of a rough year this year. We are both in the middle of our "quarter life crisis". Trying to figure out our next career moves has not been easy, but we still have so much to be thankful for. While our career path is frustrating right now, we both have jobs which many people can't say this year. We also have great friends and family who give us unconditional support. Most of all though, this year (as with every year), I am so thankful to have a husband who I love so much and who has been my unyielding support system for the last nine years. He is incredibly intelligent, hard-working, and loyal and I am so thankful that he picked me. I am one lucky lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...