Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Autumn Wreath

So I had a slight panic attack a few days before Thanksgiving because I had so much to do, and I still didn't feel like what we had going on in the house was welcoming enough for the season. So, what did I do? I added about ten more crafts and do-it-yourself projects onto my already long list of things to do. In the end everything worked out, but it made the days leading up to T-Day a little more hectic.

One of the projects that I made was and autumn wreath. We have been needing a seasonal wreath all fall, and I chose to make one at the end. It was pretty inexpensive and easy, so it was well worth only a week or so of display before it goes into storage until next fall.

Here is the final result. Below is the how to for the fabric flowers.

I first found two "fallish" fabrics. I chose burlap and a white canvas-like (but not as thick or expensive) fabric. For both fabrics, I actually just used what I had left over from making table placemats. Cut the fabric into rounds pieces. You can play around with the sizes, but for the wreath, I wanted to bigger pieces. The circles I used were a little smaller than the size of my palm.

To start the flower, take one of the circles, pinch the center and pull the outsides up.

Hot-glue the center to another round piece of fabric. Keep adding more and more pieces until you feel like your rose is full.

Voila!


I added the fabric flowers to some faux fall flowers that I got on sale at Jo-Ann's for about 5 bucks. I also found the twig wreath at Jo-Ann's for $7 and the welcome sign which I spray painted white for $3. Since I used the scraps of fabric I already had, the whole wreath costs me about $15, and only took about half an hour to assemble from start to finish.

I very fall-like welcoming wreath for the front door. Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do for a Christmas/winter wreath. Hopefully I can get this one done more than a few weeks before the end of the season. : )

Until next time...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...