Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sister Sydney, All Grown Up

You may remember my very sweet sister Sydney from one of my posts about a year ago when she just got back from her study abroad trip to Tanzania. Well, believe it or not, this girl is about ready to graduate college. Yup, you heard read correctly. Sydney is all grown up and ready to face the big bad world. ...well not quite yet. She will graduate in a few short months, and then in August she will move onto grad school. Syd was smarter than I was (or maybe she just learned from my mistakes) and she is putting off the real world for another couple years. That's right children, learn vicariously from us older folk, and avoid the real world for as long as possible. It's a deep, dark hole.

But back to my sister. I can't even express how excited and proud I am for her. This may have happened to me too, maybe it happens to every college student, but it's amazing to see how much she has blossomed in college. She went into college as a fun, charismatic young lady that was ready for a new adventure and the get out of Wyoming. She has come out as an incredibly intelligent, active woman that is ready to take on the world. I mean that literally. Syd is going on to get her master's degree in social change. She is going to be one of those people that helps form the programs that make a dramatic impact on the entire world. Her specific interest lies in working with refugees and victims of trafficking. Pretty intense stuff, but she is so good at it. I'm not sure how someone could manage to still be sweet and funny while taking on the world's problems, but Syd has managed to do it. In other words, she is pretty damn cool.



A few weeks ago, Syd came to town for her spring break. We did a lot of fun things around town, but I also got a chance to shove her in front of my lens and take some photos. Our mom really wanted some photos for Syd's graduation announcements, and I really wanted to bust out my brand new camera.

We took an afternoon to visit Cannon Beach. After practicing our Truffle Shuffle for a bit (a little Goonies movie reference for ya), and scarfing down a bread bowl of clam chowder at Mo's, we hit haystack rock for our second photo-op.


Since I was with my sister, and not a paying client, I forced her to get her feet in the water. Bahaha! What are sisters for if not to get photos like this?

But, I like to think I then made up for it, by getting some "better" ones too.



So, that's all she wrote. In just about a month and a half, I will have some actual graduation photos to share with you all. Now, please excuse me while I go cry in the corner because my cute, obnoxious, embarrassing  and weird, little sister is all grown up and is now only a few of those things.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...