Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Fridge De-Clutter

Okay so this past week we have been moving all of our boxes in and trying to get situated in the new house. The best part about doing all of this is that I actually want to put things in a good spot because we plan on being here for a long time. Normally, in a rental I would just put some random odds and ends in a "good enough" or a "here for now" spot.

I blame it all on the "renting reason", or maybe it is just sheer laziness, but the last couple years our fridge has become a stock pile of random crap. Every year about this time, we get about ten wedding invitations or save the dates. It starts to look like a wedding planner exploded in our kitchen. We put just about every random thing that we get on the fridge because I have just never cared enough to find a better spot. No more! I'm sick of the clutter and decided to use that for motivation to fix the sitch.

I don't know how I came up with this idea. I'm sure it was just a combination of Pinterst / what I had on hand, but I decided to use a cork board and attach it to the back of a kitchen cabinet.

To start, I used some 12" x 12" cork board tiles that I already had lying around.

I also got some fabric that I had in my sewing pile to give it that little somethin' somethin'

I had to cut the cork boards down a bit in order to fit in between the the drawers of our cabinets, then I covered then in fabric using duct tape on the back. I'm sure there is a more effective way to attach fabric to cork, but for this small of a project, duct tape did the trick.

Lastly, I put some foam stickies all along the back of the board.

And that's it. Pretty easy huh?!

And here it is with all that clutter stacked up. We still see it all the time, because we use this drawer at least once a day, but all that clutter stays out of sight of everyone else walking through our kitchen. ...and it makes me feel better about having a clean kitchen. Problem solved! Yaya!

I hope this helps you to remove some of you summer clutter, or perhaps find a spot for the ongoing shopping list. Do you have any other ideas to help organize the random chaos?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...