Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Emily Otteson in the House!

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take some pictures of Emily Otteson at her going away concert. I came into this show a little blind. I had no idea what to expect. For a little back story, I met Emily's mom Elizabeth randomly at Sniff, the indoor dog park in NW Portland. We are like two pees in a pod because we both like to talk to random people in the cafe. We talked for quite a while about her awesome store and my photography business. We have been in touch off and on since then. Fast forward a few months, and she needed a photographer to come shoot her daughters last concert before she moved clear across the country to Miami, FL. Enter... me!

Like I said, I had no idea what to expect. No idea what kind of music she was going to be playing. No idea if she was even any good.

I can't even explain to you how amazing this girl's voice is. She's crazy good! Not only that, she was incredibly entertaining. There is nothing worse than going to a show and the singer has no stage presence. Can I get my money back please? In this case, Emily was a true artist. Check her out if you haven't already! Alright, enough babbling, here are more photos.


There were also a few of her friends that played and sung. Needless to say it was a great show.


That fiddle never sounded so sweet!

Below is Alana Kansaku-Sarmiento. You can hear her bangin' voice here when she sang the National Anthem before the WinterHawks final game of this year.







It was such a fun night, and I'm glad I got to share in the bittersweet moment. Bon Voyage Emily. We look forward to future tours here in PDX! :)


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...