Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mapping out a New, "Old" Headboard

I have had this project in mind for a while. You see, Nabil and I have never had a head board. It's bleak, and a little depressing:

I keep meaning to get on it already and get this project started, but then I think we're going to be moving soon, and I'm not sure I want to start a project and then have it not match with what we have going on in the new place. But alas, it is time. To get a little inspiration, I turned to Pinterest and this is what I found:

    



You may know, from looking at my past posts about making a reclaimed wood picture frame, that I love the look of reclaimed wood. These headboards are so gorgeous, but I needed a way to make it a little more sleek and tie the headboard into our frames and other more modern furniture. My thought is to frame the reclaimed wood pieces in a sleek, white frame.


So far so good right? We'll see how it goes. now that I have written this, I will have to follow-up whether or not it turns out, so stay tuned! I will be dreaming of sweet bed settings until then:


Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love that you've gotten into photography! Completely up your alley. :) Hope you & Nabil are doing great, looks like you are! Would love to catch up some time, miss ya dear!

    Hugs,
    Kandra

    P.S. I'm super curious how the headboard turned out - I love that rustic look of reclaimed wood! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, You are so sweet Kan. I would love to get together sometime! Shoot me an e-mail or f/b message, and we can set up a time. :)
      P.S. Should be finishing the headboard over the next couple weekends and then I will be posting about it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...