Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

10 on 10 - January

Portland, OR Photographer

A new year, a new outlook. Every January, everyone (including myself) comes up with this year's resolutions on how to make this coming year even better than the last. After a glutinous holiday season, it's probably good timing. That's why this month we decided to do a theme for our 10 on 10. This month's theme is "resolutions and reflections". Every year I come up with about three or four solid resolutions. About mid- February, half of these well-intentioned resolutions start to fizzle out and eventually become part of the next year's resolutions, while the other half stand the test of time (anywhere from 6-12 months). This year was no different; however, I wanted to take this opportunity to share something a little more gratifying. Brace yourselves because it's about to get all sorts of sappy up in here.

Portland, OR Photographer

This year I accomplished or at least made a valiant effort towards (most of) last year's resolutions. ...sorry family after March who didn't get a birthday card. Maybe in 2014.

In thinking about all the things that I wanted to accomplish this coming year, I found myself being increasingly thankful for everything that I have had so far. There will always be new goals, but sometimes it's nice to take a minute to reflect.

Portland, OR Photographer

One of the things that I am the most thankful for is my family and being able to spend time together. We live in such a gorgeous part of the world, and it's nice to have the time to enjoy all that it has to offer, but how much fun would it be without this guy?! Answer: not that fun

Portland, OR Photographer

Nabil and I have been together since high school. That's right people, it can work. This past NYE will actually be 11 years as a couple! It's funny that as I think of resolutions and where I want to be this time next year, in five years, ten years, etc., I can't imagine doing any of it without him. Every time I think about any goals, I'm so thankful that I have him next to me. What a rock he has been throughout this adventure of starting my own business, of being in a "real job" that I have been less than thrilled about, and wandering through this great adventure we call life.

When stepping back I'm a little in awe that we made it all work. When we were in college we used to talk about the "when we are married" future, and now that it's actually here, I find myself having to pinch my own arm to make sure we're not still those starry eyed college love birds. That's not to say that life is a blissful fairytale that we all thought it would be when we were kidos. Being a grownup isn't quite everything it was cracked up to be. Both Nabil and I still have a ways to go to finish both of our  life goals, but it's nice to step back and see that we are well on our way. Or, maybe it's just the sappy, romantic in me. Either way, I am thankful for what we have right now.

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

As always, thanks again for stopping by and supporting our project. I love seeing what everyone in our group has been up to each month. Make sure you finish the rounds and stop by the other 10 on 10ers. There are a few people missing from the group this month because they are traveling and are having technical problems or because they just had a baby and are having sleep problems. We should be back in full swing next month, but in the mean time check out Anya, Jessica and Casey. They are sure to have some good "resolustions/reflections" up their sleeve.



Until next time...

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...