Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

10 on 10 - June

What the heck does 10 on 10 mean?! It's fun, it's exciting, and it's never been done before!! I'm just kidding, I'm certain that I was not the first to think of this, but 10 on 10 is a new project of mine.

Remember back when I first started this blog and I used to post nothing but fun weekend pictures? Well, ever since I have been doing photos professionally, I've barely had time to take photos of my own life and my family. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I LOVE taking pictures for everyone else, but when I do a Christmas time recap, I miss seeing all the photos of stuff we did throughout the year. Enter 10 on 10.

On the 10th of every month, I will be posting 10 photos of one day that month. It could be anything: BBQ with friends, visiting family, making dinner, etc. The only rule is it can only be 10 photos, all ten photos should be taken the same day, and they'll be posted on the 10th. Okay that's three rules, but you get the idea. This will force me to take photos of my own life and also give you all a little glimpse into the life of me. :)

That's not even this best part... There will also be other photographers participating from around the country! This month it is just myself (setting the example), but next month, I will link to a few other photographers that are also participating in 10 on 10, and I highly encourage you all to check them out because they are all fantastic photogs.

Okay, enough blabbing and let's get to the 10 photos. The day I chose this month was just a regular weekend day around our house. It started out with a little yard work. If you've seen our yard you know that we could very easily spend all day, every weekend out here and still have work to do. Slowly but surely though, it's getting better.


And if you are doing yard work at our house, you are probably simultaneously throwing a ball. It's an acquired skill.
Courtney Z Photography

...but it often leads to this. A tired dog is a good dog!

Later in the afternoon, Nabil and I had some family in town to visit (more on this later). Please excuse my husbands very dirty shoes...

In the evening, I met up with another photographer from Portland, Sara Adams. We scouted a few locations for future shoots just north of Portland and also took some headshots of one another (also, more to come on this later).
Courtney Z Photography

The best part of the evening was the view at the end. Man, I love Oregon!
Courtney Z Photography

It was a pretty average weekend day in my world, but I absolutely love these kind of days. Family, home projects, and photography. What could be better?!

So that was the first 10 on 10. I hope you all enjoyed. Come back on by next month on the 10 to get the links to some spectacular photographers around the country.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...